As part of a book tour organized by RABT Book Tours, I recently had the opportunity to read Becker Circle, a New Adult mystery by Addison Brae.
My first and only boyfriend believed I was too gutless to leave. He was dead wrong. My name is Gillian. I graduated Harvard early and left his hot temper and everyone else behind for Dallas. Determined to make it on my own, I land a second job bartending at the neighborhood pub smack in drama central where most every jerk in the neighborhood hits on me—at a huge price.
A week into the job, the neighborhood’s very popular drug dealer falls to his death a few feet from the table I’m serving. The cops say suicide, but the hot guitar player in the house band and I suspect foul play, and I intend to prove it. We dig deeper, grow closer, and make a shocking discovery. We know the murderer.
Praise for Becker Circle:
- “I thoroughly enjoyed this book and look forward to finding out what will happen in Becker Circle next.” ~ 4* Goodreads ARC review by Cathy Geha
- “Overall, Becker Circle was a good book that I’m sure many people will love.” ~ 4* Goodreads ARC review by Kiss Like a Girl
- “Brimming with both action and drama, Becker Circle draws readers into its social milieu and keeps them hooked, page after page.” ~ 5* Cadia Cox, Award-Winning Author of Double Shot of Love and Mistletoe & Macaroons
- “This is an awesome mystery/thriller set against the backdrop of a popular neighborhood full of intrigue, a fascinating cast of characters and a sexy romance. It’ll make you look at your favorite neighborhood bar in a different light.” ~5* Amazon reader review
- “Becker Circle and Gillian kept me on the edge of my seat between the romance, suspense, and mystery. Every chapter took me to a place I didn’t see coming and an ending that I would have never anticipated.” ~5* Goodreads reader review
- “Becker Circle has a main character you’d like to know, and a slow burn suspense that just keeps getting creepier.” ~ Kris Bock, Author of suspense, mystery and romance
Gillian moves to Texas hoping for a new start, far way from a controlling ex-boyfriend. She is a hard-working and intelligent, single young woman, who is determined to make changes in how she lives her life. Her job tending bar exposes her, and the reader, to a colorful assortment of local characters and potential suspects in the murder of the local drug dealer. Although I liked Gillian, I did find some of her actions to be a bit foolish and incongruous with her otherwise “smart” character. The story moved along at a nice pace with enough twists to keep me wondering who was behind the murder, not to mention where her budding friendship with Jon might lead. All in all, a promising debut for this new author.
FTC Disclosure: I received a complimentary ARC of this book as part of this blog tour. This has not affected the content of my review in any way.
About the Author
Addison Brae lives in Dallas, Texas on the edge of downtown. As a child, she was constantly in trouble for hiding under the bed to read when she was supposed to be napping. She has been writing since childhood starting with diaries, letters and short stories. She continues today with articles, video scripts and other content as an independent marketing consultant.
When she’s not writing, Addison spends her time traveling the world, collecting interesting cocktail recipes and hosting parties. She’s still addicted to reading and enjoys jogging in her neighborhood park, sipping red wine, binge-watching TV series, vintage clothing and hanging out with her artistic other half and their neurotic cat Lucy.
- Website: www.addisonbrae.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/addison.brae
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AddisonBrae1
- Blog: http://addisonbrae.com/blog
- >YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCreHrv1bBNdyHm5skgqNR-Q/www.addisonbrae.com