Private investigator Delanie Fitzgerald, and her computer hacker partner, Duncan Reynolds, are back for more sleuthing in The Tulip Shirt Murders. When a local music producer hires the duo to find out who is bootlegging his artists’ CDs, Delanie uncovers more than just copyright thieves. And if chasing bootleggers isn’t bad enough, local strip club owner and resident sleaze, Chaz Smith, pops back into Delanie’s life with more requests. The police have their man in a gruesome murder, but the loud-mouthed strip club owner thinks there is more to the open and shut case. Delanie and Duncan link a series of killings with no common threads. And they must put the rest of the missing pieces together before someone else is murdered.
The Tulip Shirt Murders is a fast-paced mystery that appeals to readers who like a strong female sleuth with a knack for getting herself in and out of humorous situations such as larping and trading elbow jabs with roller derby queens.
I enjoyed this book. Delanie Fitzgerald is a strong and likeable young woman with good instincts and an adventurous spirit. And, like many fictional sleuths, she sometimes puts herself in a bit more danger than necessary. Her detective work has her engaged in a variety of investigations, ranging from small stuff to murder. The murder investigation drives the well-paced plot, with a not-so predictable resolution that made sense to me. Although her friend and computer hacking sidekick, Duncan, and his four-legged sidekick, add a more personal dimension to her character, I’d have liked to see a bit more depth in her interactions with others. Maybe I can get to know Delanie better when the next book comes out. A book likely to be enjoyed by cozy mystery fans.
FTC Disclosure: I received an advance review copy of this book. This has not affected the content of my honest review.
Click here to enter a Rafflecopter for a chance to win a $25 Amazon gift card.
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077CSZ53X
- Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id1310643581
- Barnes and Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-tulip-shirt-murders-heather-weidner/1127425899?ean=2940155054696
- Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the-tulip-shirt-murders
- Scribd: https://www.scribd.com/book/363967058/The-Tulip-Shirt-Murders-The-Delanie-Fitzgerald-Mysteries-2
About the Author
Heather Weidner’s short stories appear in the Virginia is for Mysteries series and 50 Shades of Cabernet. She is a member of Sisters in Crime – Central Virginia, Guppies, Lethal Ladies Write, and James River Writers. The Tulip Shirt Murders is her second novel in her Delanie Fitzgerald series.
Originally from Virginia Beach, Heather has been a mystery fan since Scooby Doo and Nancy Drew. She lives in Central Virginia with her husband and a pair of Jack Russell terriers.
Heather earned her BA in English from Virginia Wesleyan College and her MA in American literature from the University of Richmond. Through the years, she has been a technical writer, editor, college professor, software tester, and IT manager. She blogs regularly with the Lethal Ladies and Pens, Paws, and Claws.
- Website and Blog: http://www.heatherweidner.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/HeatherWeidner1
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HeatherWeidnerAuthor
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/heather_mystery_writer/
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8121854.Heather_Weidner
- Amazon Authors: http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00HOYR0MQ
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/HeatherBWeidner/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/heather-weidner-0064b233?trk=hp-identity-name